Saturday, September 7, 2013

DAY 17

I decided to give my knees a break after yesterday's  6.1-mile run and just walk 3.6 miles.  Although, I did do a few hard sprints for some botched intervals action.  

I should note that on Day One, after I finished my run and lost whatever water I lost, my weight was 135.2 pounds. After today's relatively mild exercise (which means less water lost), my weight was 130.4 pounds.  So it's a safe calculation that since I began training and eating better (for the most part, anyway) over two weeks ago, I've lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 pounds.  I would like to lose about another 10 pounds of fat.  As healthy as whole grains like whole wheat bread, brown rice, and whole grain pasta are, they still can pack on the pounds - although it depends on who you ask.  Anyway, I might try laying off those after I run out.


I need to commit more to the muscle-building aspect of my training.  So far, the only thing muscle-wise that I'm really focused on is the Twenty Pullups Challenge, which is going well so far. 

Also, I haven't been noting this at all, but any time I've mentioned eating toast, it has been completely butter-less. 

Finally, before having a late lunch today (3:30PM), I was feeling a little light-headed.  Even after lunch, I didn't feel totally full.  I'm assuming this is the result of not eating enough calories combined with whatever I depleted in yesterday's longest run.  I need to be careful that I'm getting everything I need.  For the record, a number of the Blue Zoners - those stubborn centenarians who refuse to die - often stop eating when they are 80% full.  I just need to find the balance for myself.

Assuming my knees feel alright tomorrow, I'd like to hit another 6.1 miles. 

DISTANCE WALKED:    3.6 miles (with a few hard sprints)
WEIGH-IN:                   130.4 pounds
BREAKFAST:               1 scrambled egg with turmeric
                                   1 slice of whole wheat toast  
                                   A few almonds   
SNACK:                      1 cup of black, pour-over Ethiopian coffee                           
LUNCH:                       Diced chicken breast (fried in olive oil)
                                   Red pepper, white onion, garlic, shaved ginger root, turmeric
                                   Steamed spinach
                                   1/3 cup of Brown rice
                                   1 handful of blueberries
DINNER:                     Diced chicken breast fried in olive oil
                                  Steamed spinach
                                  Roughly 2 to 3 ouncs of whole grain pasta
                                  Red pepper, white onion, garlic, shaved ginger root, turmeric
                                  8 ounces of Cannonau Di Sardegna

No comments:

Post a Comment